- To provide direct relief to women and children who are in crisis as a result of domestic and family violence
- To provide a high standard of safe, crisis accommodation for women and children who have experienced domestic and family violence
- To act as advocates for women and children experiencing domestic violence
- To participate in and form linkages with housing providers and networks located in the Gold Coast region
- To investigate and develop housing options to meet the needs of women and children leaving Refuge
- To encourage and develop a broad range of community participation in the management of the service
- To provide opportunities for professional development of staff of the association
- To provide an environment committed to continuous improvement in service delivery
- To provide services that are culturally appropriate and responsive to women and children from diverse backgrounds
- To participate in a wide range of networks and systems that work in the area of violence against women and children
- To lobby for socio-political and legislative change
If you are experiencing behaviour that causes fear or harm, you could be in an abusive/disrespectful relationship.
Or call DVConnect on 1800 811 811 to find out more.